Families Outside produces handy information sheets that summarise specific issues that families affected by imprisonment may encounter.
- Preparing for a prison sentence
- What to expect when starting a prison sentence
- Time in custody
- Worried about a prisoner’s health
- Visiting someone in a Scottish prison
- Travel and transport to Scottish prisons and help with travel expenses
- Visiting prison with your child
- Talking to children about imprisonment
- When someone is convicted of a serious or sex offence
- Information about the Sex Offender Register
- Integrated Case Management (ICM)
- Home Detention Curfew (HDC)
All reports and publications produced by Families Outside are Copyright © 2017.
If you have any suggestions for new information sheets, contact us.
“I use your leaflets at the moment with reference to HDC, but when I see the families, there are other issues that sometimes arise and I have found the service that you provide excellent.”
Criminal Justice Throughcare, Kilmarnock
The two factsheets on Home Detention Curfew and Integrated Case Management are also available in Polish and Urdu. Please feel free to contact us for copies. We would like to thank the Scottish Prison Service for their help.If you can’t find what you are looking for and you have checked our Links section, then please feel free to get in touch with us, and we will endeavour to assist you.
Get a PDF Reader
For some of our downloads, you will require a PDF reader to open the files. If you do not already have a PDF reader, select & download one of the readers below…
Foxit PDF Reader
Great for everyday use
Download Foxit PDF Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Download Acrobat Reader