Regional Family Support Coordinator – HMP & YOIs Cornton Vale and Polmont
- 28 hours per week
- Starting salary £26,966 pro rata
Families Outside is the only national charity in Scotland that works solely to support families affected by imprisonment. Imprisonment can often have a huge impact on the things that matter most to families: money and secure housing, safe and connected relationships at home and in the community, and the emotional health and wellbeing of families. Family members who are not in prison must be understood in relation to – but distinct and different from – those in prison, and therefore Families Outside is dedicated to providing a range of practical, social and emotional support to people with someone in prison that are relationship-based, prison-aware, and family-focused.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team supporting people with family members resident in HMP & YOI Cornton Vale and HMP & YOI Polmont. Our Regional Family Support Coordinator will:
- Support families at home and in their community via 1:1, family, and/or group work.
- Work closely with key professionals including prison staff and prison visitor centre staff to provide advice, information, and guidance on a range of issues.
- Raise awareness with key professionals and local and national stakeholders about the impact of imprisonment and our work to improve outcomes for families.
- Contribute to local and regional multi-agency development work including the family strategy groups at HMP & YOI Cornton Vale and HMP & YOI Polmont.
HMP & YOI Cornton Vale and HMP & YOI Polmont house both young people and women, so we are looking for an individual who is:
- Experienced in working with and alongside families in a creative and flexible way.
- Rights-focused in their work and all they do.
- Trauma-informed and understands the impact of imprisonment upon families.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in working with the most challenging issues that impact women and young people in prison.
- A confident and effective contributor to working in partnership with others to meet families’ needs.
If you are an experienced professional with social work, community work, family support, or other appropriate experience and are passionate about making a difference for families impacted by imprisonment, then we want to hear from you.
Submitting your application
Please submit your application in the Word format the document is in to the email address on the form. Do not convert to a PDF. Our head office address is also provided on the form if you wish to post your application, but we strongly advise emailing instead.
- Job Description – Regional Family Support Coordinator
- Supplementary information
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00pm, Wednesday 20 October 2021.
Interviews: Thursday 28 October 2021 (if possible, to be held in person in Gayfield Square, Edinburgh, EH1 3NX)
For more information on the post, please contact telephone 0131 557 9800. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com