When a parent is incarcerated: International Perspectives On A Child’s Journey
Following the success of the inaugural INCCIP conference in New Zealand in 2017 this conference provides a unique opportunity for all those with an interest in the impact of parental imprisonment from across the world to network and share ideas and best practice. Academics, advocates, community based organisations, parents and children of prisoners are all invited to attend. Abstracts for presentations and work-shops are invited on any subject relating to research and practice in this field.
The conference programme will be announced once abstracts have been accepted. To submit an abstract on any subject related to the impact of parental incarceration on children please visit: http://hud.ac/e9q
Examples of themes which may be explored at the conference include::
- Child and family-friendly prisons.
- The impact of maternal imprisonment.
- The impact of parental incarceration for those from minority communities.
- Child centred research methodologies and good practice in programme delivery to support children with parents in prison.
- We are also holding an optional additional day at Askham Grange Women’s Prison near York on 15 August 2019, which will focus on maternal imprisonment alongside mothers serving prison sentences.
Conference registration available now at http: http://hud.ac/e9r
For further information please contact:
Ben Raikes, INCCIP Conference Organiser Email. firstname.lastname@example.org