Families Outside Support & Information Helpline
The Support & Information Helpline is an independent support service for families and friends affected by imprisonment. We can help and support you with any questions or concerns you may have, including:
- If you are worried about how you are coping
- What you need to know about visiting the prison
- Who to talk to at prison
- Advice on claiming travel expenses
- Any queries about home leave or your relative’s release
- If you are concerned about how your relative is coping
- Any worries about the children
- Putting you in touch with your local services
- … or do you just need someone to talk to?
Freephone 0800 254 0088
- Lines are open Monday to Friday (answerphone if not available).
- If we are unable to answer your call, then please leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible and will only say who we are if you are the one who answers the telephone. We will not leave a message with another person.
- If you prefer, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also able to send you written information on a range of issues.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Calls from mobile phones usually cost. This will depend on the agreement you have with your contract provider or if you are using a pay-as-you-go service. We can call you back if you don’t want to use up your credit.
Texting Service 60777
To use this service text the word FAMOUT followed by your query or concern to 60777 and we will either respond by text or we can call you back.
Please note standard network rates apply. This is usually between 8-12p per text, but may vary between mobile service providers.
Helplines Partnership is the membership body for organisations that provide helpline services in the UK and internationally. Families Outside is a member of the Helplines Partnership. Click on the logo below to vist the site:
Data protection and confidentiality commitment
Families Outside is committed to complying with the good practice principles and values enshrined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to members, staff, volunteers and service users of Families Outside.